34-year old actress and “Mula sa Puso” star Claudine Barretto has been accused with alleged drug use with picture and video evidence provided by her husband Raymart Santiago on Tuesday.
After dodging already numerous accusations of his estranged wife, 40-year old actor gathered the guts to take a step in revealing the actress’ side. Filed before the Marikina Regional Trial Court, Raymart issued a counter-affidavit relating to Claudine’s supposed drug use in counter towards the cases bombarded against him by Claudine.
Claudine and Raymart have been married ever since March 2006 and they have two children, biological son Santino 6 and adopted daughter Sabina 9. Claudine is working to make the temporary protection order (TPO) against Santiago, which focuses on the alleged physical, economic, psychological and sexual abuse she suffered from her husband, a permanent order. This case was filed late August against Raymart for his also alleged violation against the Anti-Violence against Women and Their Children (VAWC) Act of 2004. According to the actress, these abuses date back to the year 2002.
Raymart’s 30-page counter-affidavit includes answers against Claudine’s accusations dealing with over 40 accounts in his defense and testimonies from Claudine’s three older siblings, Marjorie, Gretchen, and JJ, who have also been estranged from Claudine and their parents ever since their controversial family feud which was uncovered earlier this year.
Cited in Raymart’s account are the thoughts by Claudine’s siblings who all supposedly believe that Claudine is mentally ill and needs professional help. Also stated was Raymart’s alleged statement of being a victim towards domestic violence.
"Ayaw ko sana pag-usapan 'yon, pero kinakailangan eh. Kinakailangan ko na sumagot. Siguro para na rin sa mga anak ko, to protect them," Raymart told ABS-CBN, emphasizing his point of how he wants to gain his children under the power of custody.
Claudine's supposed condition
During the incident in late August, Raymart already gave hints towards Claudine’s supposed condition when he gave criticisms towards the actress’ parents, Miguel and Inday, for allegedly not attending Claudine’s mental well-being.
"Kay mommy at daddy, alam niyo ang totoo. Tayo-tayo ang nag-uusap dati, 'yung problema ni Claudine. Alam niyo and sana panindigan nila 'yung sinabi nila dati sa akin," was the comment Raymond gave at the moment.
In the actors’ sworn statement he includes videos and photos which is supposedly firm proof towards his wife’s alleged drug abuse. Included in the statement are medical records which show positive in Claudine’s drug test an admission to a drug rehabilitation center.
More comments from the Barretto family are from the time of the family’s public feud in April as Gretchen and JJ brought up Claudine’s supposed ‘illness’ with also a comment by JJ that she was put in a hospital for a time.
JJ also responded to Inday’s move of disowning Gretchen in favor of her youngest daughter by making a statement where he talked about the ‘truth’ about Claudine’s ‘condition’.
"May I remind you that it was you and dad who had her put in a hospital because you wanted to save her from destroying herself. Yes, Claudine is going through rough times. Again. And if you truly love her, then you should take concrete steps to save her rather than hitting Gretchen simply because she is standing up to Claudine," was the comment JJ made in April.
‘Facts’ toward the whole
Atty. Ruth Castello, Raymond Santiago’s legal counsel, made a comment on Tuesday that his client was “forced” into making the detailed account because of the bombardment of cases filed against him by Claudine.
"Napilitan na si Raymart eh. Napilitan na 'yung kliyente namin na maging matapang dahil sa mga nangyayari. Syempre ayaw naman niya na pinagbibintangan siya ng kung anu-ano. Ini-impute lahat sa kanya ng mga nangyayari, pinapalabas na kasalanan niya kaya napilitan na siyang magsabi ng totoo," she said.
Castello continued her statement as she was pushed to comment on the gravitiy of Raymart’s sworn statements "We just stated facts. We just countered the allegations detailed by their camp. Those are all facts." She said as it also included Barretto’s supposed drug abuse.
"Everything that we wrote in the counter-affidavit is according to him, and these are all facts supported by evidence. Makikita naman do'n, lahat 'yon may ebidensya," she concluded.
As a response to Raymart’s accusations on Tuesday, Claudine’s legal counsel, Atty. Jun Mataro, also had a comment to put into the argument with saying that the real question is not whether the actress has or has not been using drugs, but if she was abused by the actor which was detailed in the VAWC case is the real issue.
To be formally answered towards Raymart’s affidavit, Claudine’s camp with respond on October 8. As an actress, Claudine planned to make a comeback on Kapamilya TV soon; will these issues affect her popularity and face as a star?
You decide, share your thoughts and comments below!