0

Share to:





Remember what happened in The X-Factor Israel with Rose Fostanes? It's happening once again! Fifteen year old Filipina, Marlisa Punzalan has topped the contestants in The X-Factor: Australia by becoming the Grand Winner on Monday.

Marlisa Punzalan has fought the long journey of The X-Factor: Australia and hanging in there every week, now her hard work has been pulled off as she is now the youngest champion ever of the series throughout its six seasons ever since 2005. That is an amazing feat for a Pinay so young!

The proud and shining moment of Marlisa was especially celebrated by her family. on the hometown visit special show on Sunday, Marlisa was seen to have a very close relationship with her parents and family as they portrayed the proud Pinoy culture with a welcoming of Filipino neighbors dancing in traditional Ifugao attire. Her parents are both Filipino and are based in the suburb of Mount Druitt in Sydney, Australia. Marlisa's family gave her beloved mentor, Irish singer, Ronan Keating a big welcome.

Most especially proud of her development in the show, Ronan Keating helped Marlisa beat out Dean Rey and Brothers3 who were coached by Natalie Bassingwaithe and Dannii Minogue respectively.

Even more amazing, the results to the winner of The X-Factor: Australia has made history in all of X Factor history as host Luke Jacobz was about to announce the winner which only had a difference of 0.01% of all the public votes. "This has been the tightest result in 'X Factor' history," he had announced.

The X Factor Australia had their first auditions way back in November 2013, almost a year ago, and during the grand finals they had the Top 2 contestants give a rewind to their experiences and share what they personally consider as their best moments of the show.

Marlisa's reaction to her win was expressed with her comment of,  "I just can't believe it! I feel like I am floating on a cloud right now. Thank you so much, Australia! I couldn't have done it without you!"

She also admitted to how she had a problem with lack of confidence way back early in the competition but stayed strong during her journey of criticisms.

Marlisa had a heartfelt duet with runner-up Dean Rey which was followed by applause-filled performances from popular stars including popular star Taylor Swift and "Australian Idol's" grand winner, Guy Sebastian.

Marlisa wowed the public and judges from her performance on Sunday where she reprised the famous The Beatles' song Yesterday which was also her audition piece. She also was able to acquire a standing ovation to her bone-chilling performance of Stand By You which will also be her very first single as the grand winner.

The young singer had expressed her utmost gratitude to her mentor with her message to Ronan Keating, "Thank you for believing in my ability and nurturing my talent, I have enjoyed every single day of working with you."

She added a message to all her supporters also with, "And to all my supporters, thank you for getting behind me every single week, for I will not be where I am today without your support. And to The Lord above, I thank Him for everything."

Just minutes right after the grand announcement of her win, Marlisa's official Facebook Account immediately updated the followers with a sneak peek look to her first single's cover with the title of "Stand By You", with the caption of Marlisa's heartfelt thanks,


My X Factor Journey has been incredible because of the beautiful people around me. To my loving family, thank you for standing by me through thick and thin, you are my rock and my strength!
Also, behind the scenes are passionate and dedicated professionals and I thank all the crew at X Factor for the unbelievable effort they put into the best talent show in Australia.
Thank you also for the rare opportunity that Sony Music Entertainment presents to ordinary Australians like me starting a career in music.
Thank you to Ronan Keating for believing in my ability and nurturing my talent, I have enjoyed every single day of working with you.
And to all my supporters, thank you for getting behind me every single week, for I will not be where I am today without your support. And to The Lord above, I thank Him for everything.



She also added a message to her page,

"My 'X Factor' journey has been incredible because of the beautiful people around me," she said on her page. "To my loving family, thank you for standing by me through thick and thin, you are my rock and my strength!"

Marlisa Punzalan is another name of international Filipinos to have made a  mark in music history along with Jessica Sanchez, Charlie Green, Jasmine Trias, Cheesa Laureta, Madonna Decena and Joseph Apostol.


What do you think of Marlisa and her performances? How big of a congratulations can you give her?

Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top